Teak furniture is usually sturdy and maintenance free and, if kept well, this furniture can last over 20 years!
- Use a soft, lint-free dry or slightly damp cloth for daily dusting.
- Do not use detergents, soaps, abrasive or alcohol-based cleaners.
- Place coasters or mats before placing hot or cold items on the surface.
- Wipe spills immediately.
- Ensure the furniture does not come in contact with any sharp objects, cat/dog paws etc. that may scratch/chip the polish/surface.
- If the chair or table feels a little wobbly, it usually is due to a minute undulation on the floor surface. Check by placing elsewhere!
- Keep away from extreme temperatures, direct sunlight, humidity.
- The first extreme winter can sometimes cause a slight color variation and severe heat or humidity can result in some tiny gaps in corners. This is rare and temporary and goes away on its own!
- We have seen less than 0.1% termite cases in teak furniture. In the rare occurrence, inject immediately with an anti-termite chemical or call a trusted local treatment service.
- Do not drag or push the furniture. You don't want your piece to become unstable. Always lift and shift!
- Do not rock or stand on chairs. It can cause the chair to become unstable.
- Glass/mirror has a natural tendency to get scratched. Keep away from children, sharp objects or jolts.
- We do not use toughened glass and care should be taken around children and pets.
- Remove spills with a damp cloth and wipe dry. Use table mats, trays and coasters wherever possible.
- Fabric is not scotch guarded. Occasional dry cleaning is recommended for selected fabrics. Do not wash at home.
- Faux-leather once scratched or damaged can not be reversed. Keep away from sharp objects.
- Woven fabric once torn/damaged cannot be reversed. Keep away from scissors and other sharp objects.
Metallic parts, handles or faux leather parts
- Keep away from extreme temperature, humidity and spillage of any kinds.
- Clean using a dry/slightly damp cloth.
Please note that we, as an organisation, stand for animal rights and do not use or support use of original leather for furniture making.